INSTALLING Apache,MySQL,PHP ON UBUNTU
1. Open up the Terminal ( Ctrl + Alt + T ).
2. Copy/Paste the following line of code into Terminal and then press enter:
3. The Terminal will then ask you for you’re password, type it and then press enter.
To make sure everything installed correctly we will now test Apache to ensure it is working properly.
1. Open up any web browser and then enter the following into the web address:
You should see a folder entitled apache2-default/. Open it and you will see a message saying “It works!”
1. Again open up the Terminal ( Ctrl + Alt + T ).
2. Copy/Paste the following line into Terminal and press enter:
To ensure there are no issues with PHP let’s give it a quick test run.
1. In the terminal copy/paste the following line:
This will open up a file called phptest.php.
2. Copy/Paste this line into the phptest file:
3. Save and close the file.
4. Now open you’re web browser and type the following into the web address:
1.Once again open Terminal and then copy/paste this command
2. (optional) If you are running a server you should probably bind your address by editing bind-address in /etc/mysql/my.cnf and replacing its value (127.0.0.1) by your IP address.
3. set your root password (although mysql should ask you about that when installing)
4. Try running it
where xxx is your password.
Note: You can install PHPMyAdmin for a graphical user interface of MySQL by executing
5. restart apache for the last time